Bill Gates found the perfect feel-good movie to associate with his foundation.
The stars of “Love Actually“, including Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy and Liam Neeson, appeared in a new video announcing the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s pledge to match up to $1 million in donations made to Red Nose Day.
Donations can be made through a link that comes with the video on Facebook. Other big names got involved, from Ben Affleck (no, he isn’t smiling), to Patrick Dempsey and Ed Sheeran. The celebrities hold up signs a la Andrew Lincoln’s character from “Love Actually,” asking for donations. It’s actually great.
Tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. PT, a Facebook livestream will be hosted by “Silicon Valley’s” Kumail Nanjiani to help raise funds for Red Nose Day. It will involve karaoke, so… try to tune in.
Red Nose Day is a fundraising event organised by Comic Relief (which was created by “Love Actually” writer/director Richard Curtis) with a mission to end child poverty. A “Love Actually” sequel called “Red Nose Day Actually” will air during NBC’s Red Nose Day Comic Relief special on May 25.
Donate to Red Nose Day here.
- Key Words: Obama’s HHS chief admits some people will be better off under Republican health bill 63 views | posted on May 6, 2017 | under Finance
- Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition and Anniversary Event Confirmed 40 views | posted on May 11, 2017 | under Gaming
- Trump faces outcry over Isis intelligence handling 37 views | posted on May 16, 2017 | under Finance
- Prey PC Performance Review 32 views | posted on May 5, 2017 | under Gaming
- Google's mysterious Fuchsia operating system gets a wild UI 30 views | posted on May 9, 2017 | under Breaking News